List by year: 2013
Attention: National Federations and Players who would like to transfer federation:
Application procedure to change federation
In order to officially apply to transfer federation, a player should provide the Elista FIDE Office
(firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax +7 84722 67226) with the following:
1. the official confirmation from the new federation (by e-mail) that it agrees to accept the transferee as its new member, and that the new federation agrees to pay a notification fee (in accordance with FIDE regulations C.05 ) in the amount of 250 Euro for the transfer. On receipt of their agreement, the transfer shall be announced and the new federation shall be invoiced.
Please note that the notification fee payment can be made by bank transfer to the FIDE bank account. Please download the details of FIDE Bank account. We would like to ask you to send us the scanned image of the bank transfer order. Upon receipt of this document, the change of federation will be made.
2. a statement by the former federation (e-mail) that it has no objection to the transfer. Otherwise, the notification will be posted on the FIDE site for the period of three months after which it can be considered as valid and the transfer will be made without the former federation's approval.
3. the scanned image of a player's passport (photo and citizenship)
4. the scanned image of a residence certificate if any.
5. the filled in Application form. Please draw special attention to the last FIDE event under the flag of the former federation.
Eligibility to Participate in FIDE Events Under the New Flag
In order to avoid any misinterpretation of the regulations, we would like to underline some points of the regulations for the players wishing to represent the new federation in FIDE events after the transfer:
1. a transferred player can represent the New federation in FIDE events only after the necessary period of residency unless the appropriate transfer and/or compensation fees are paid.
2. a transferred player who did not represent the former federation 5 years prior to the notification date, is eligible to represent the New Federation in one year after the Notification date Without Fee.
See C.0.5 General Rules of participation in the FIDE events for your kind information.
« go back
Share this page
© 2012 World Chess Federation
| Contact us: email@example.com
| Developed and supported by Elista FIDE Office
| Ratings questions: Elista FIDE Office